- Ph.D. Near Eastern Languages and Cultures, UCLA (in progress)
- M.A. Early Christian Studies, University of Notre Dame, 2015
- M.A. Historical Theology, Wheaton College, 2013
- B.A. Linguistics, summa cum laude, UCLA, 2011
- Late Antique and Medieval Eastern Christianity
- Modern Western Armenian
- “‘Let us Mourn Continuously:’ John Chrysostom and the Early Christian Transformation of Mourning,” in Emotions in Patristic Literature: New Perspectives and Future Prospects, ed. Ioannis Papadogiannakis, Studia Patristica Supplements, Leuven: Peeters (forthcoming 2017).
- “Armenian Manuscripts at the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana,” forthcoming in Manuscripta 62.1 (2018).
- “Naming and Summoning Divinities according to Origen and Celsus” (forthcoming in Journal of Theta Alpha Kappa, Fall 2018).
- “Psalms” in Discovering the Septuagint: A Guided Reader, ed. Karen H. Jobes, Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2016, pp. 175-197, 200-203.
Honors & Awards
- Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Fellowship for Middle East North Africa Studies (MENA), U.S. Department of Education (2016-2017)
- Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award, Kaneb Center for Teaching and Learning at the University of Notre Dame (April 2015)
- Kenneth A. Kantzer Award in Christian History and Theology, Wheaton College (Spring 2013)
- Beginning Latin (instructor of record, University of Notre Dame, Fall 2014–Spring 2015)
- The History of Ancient Rome (teaching assistant, University of Notre Dame, Fall 2013)
- Roman Criminal Law (teaching assistant, University of Notre Dame, Spring 2014)
Selected Talks and Conference Presentations
- “‘Ո՞ւր են բանալիներդ’ An Innovative Method for Teaching Western Armenian in Diaspora,” Society for Armenian Studies Annual Meeting: “Transmitting Western Armenian to the Next Generation,” Washington D.C. (November 18, 2017)
- “Keeping Vigil in Differing Near Eastern Texts and Contexts: Ephrem the Syrian’s ‘Hymns of the Night’ and Gregory of Narek’s Book of Lamentation,” Emerging Scholars Conference, Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, University of California, Los Angeles (October 27, 2017)
- “‘Hymns of the Night’: Seven Madrāšê of Ephrem the Syrian Preserved in Armenian,” (Session: “Ad fontes armeniacos”) at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the North American Patristics Society at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago, IL (May 25-27, 2017)
- “What Then of the Letter of Macarius of Jerusalem to the Armenians?”, paper presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the North American Patristics Society in Chicago, IL (May 26-28, 2016)
- “Armenian Manuscripts at the Vatican Library: Respectus, Conspectus, Prospectus,” invited paper presented at “The Promise of the Vatican Library:” An international academic conference highlighting the holdings of the Vatican Library and opportunities for future research, at the University of Notre Dame (May 8-10, 2016)
- “‘Let us Mourn Continuously:’ John Chrysostom and the Early Christian Transformation of Mourning,” paper presented at The Pappas Patristic Institute’s Tenth Annual Graduate Student Conference in Patristic Studies at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Brookline, MA (March 6-8, 2014)