PhD, Comparative Literature, Penn State University (2014)
MA, Koç University, Istanbul (2009)
BA, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul (2007)
- Comparative Literature
- World Literature
- Nineteenth- and twentieth-century Ottoman literature
- Modern Turkish literature
- “Novel Anxieties: An Ottoman Counter-Discourse on Time and Space.” Comparative Studies of South Asia, Africa and the Middle East (forthcoming).
- “Provinciality and the City in Orhan Pamuk’s Istanbul.” Orhan Pamuk: Critical Essays on a Novelist Between Worlds. Ed. Taner Can et al. Hannover: Ibidem, 2017. 159-83.
- “Current Needs of Students and Teachers of Turkish.” American Association of Teachers of Turkic Languages Newsletter. January 2017, 11.
- Review of Comparison: Theories, Approaches, Uses. Edited by Rita Felski and Susan Stanford Friedman. Comparative Literature Studies 51.3. (2014) 509-512.
- Elementary Turkish (TURKIC 101 A, B, C)
- Advanced Turkish (TURKIC 102 A, B, C)
- Turkish Tradition
- Middle Eastern Cities (ME STD 177)
- Readings in Ottoman
- Ottoman Diplomatics