PhD, Comparative Literature, Penn State University
MA, Koç University, Istanbul
BA, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul
- Comparative Literature
- World Literature
- Nineteenth- and twentieth-century Ottoman literature
- Modern Turkish literature
- “Beyond the Breakout Room: Four Online Tools for Interactive Teaching”
American Association of Teachers of Turkic Languages Newsletter. February 2021, 9-10.
- “Novel Anxieties: An Ottoman Counter-discourse on Time and Space.” Comparative Studies of South Asia, Africa and the Middle East vol. 40. Issue 2 (August 2020): 387–400.
- “Provinciality and the City in Orhan Pamuk’s Istanbul.” Orhan Pamuk: Critical Essays on a Novelist Between Worlds. Ed. Taner Can et al. Hannover: Ibidem, 2017. 159-83.
- “Current Needs of Students and Teachers of Turkish.” American Association of Teachers of Turkic Languages Newsletter. January 2017, 11.
- Review of Comparison: Theories, Approaches, Uses. Edited by Rita Felski and Susan Stanford Friedman. Comparative Literature Studies 51.3. (2014) 509-512.
Honors & Awards
Language Faculty Professional Development Travel Grant (CNES) (2019)
Mellon Foundation Grant for Research on Turkish Teaching (with CNES) (2017)
- Elementary Turkish (TURKIC 101 A, B, C)
- Advanced Turkish (TURKIC 102 A, B, C)
- Turkish Tradition
- Middle Eastern Cities (ME STD 177)
- Readings in Ottoman
- Ottoman Diplomatics
American Association of Teachers of Turkic Languages Executive board member
Walter G. Andrews Ottoman Turkish Translation Award Committee Member