MA, Egyptology, The American University in Cairo
BA, Cultural Anthropology, Honors and Distinction in the Major, University of California Santa Barbara
- Forthcoming: “Reevaluating Social Histories: the Use of Ancient Egypt in Contemporary Art.” In D. Candelora, N. Ben-Marzouk and K. Cooney (eds.) (Re)Building Ancient Egyptian Society. Challenging Assumptions, Exploring Approaches. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Forthcoming: “The Beautiful One Returns: the Altered Identities of the Nefertiti Bust.” In F. Haikal, M. Abdel-Nasser, Y. El-Shazly, E. D. Abdou and F. Keshk (eds.) Egyptians’ Representations and Perceptions of Ancient Egypt: Towards an Antiquity Transmission and Reception Theory. Cairo: AUC Press.
- Forthcoming: “Raise Me Up and Repel My Weariness! A Study of the Coffin of Thutmose III (CG 61014).” MDAIK 76.
- Forthcoming: A. Veldmeijer, S. Ikram, N. Brown “Tutankhamun’s Sticks and Staves,” In T. Tewfik (ed.) Tutankhamun International Conference Publications. Cairo.
- 2019: “Quarrying.” In L. Sabbahy (ed.) All Things Ancient Egypt: an Encyclopedia of the Ancient Egyptian World. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO Press. 437-440.
- 2019: “Sticks and Staves.” In L. Sabbahy (ed.) All Things Ancient Egypt: an Encyclopedia of the Ancient Egyptian World. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO Press. 500-502.
- 2017: “Traversing into the Afterlife: Identifying a Wooden Fragment from the South Tombs Cemetery.” Horizon: the Amarna Project and Amarna Trust Newsletter, Issue 18, Autumn 2017: 12-13.
- 2017: “Come My Staff, I Lean Upon You: The Use of Staves for the Divine Transformation of the Deceased in the Ancient Egypt.” JARCE 53: 189-201.
Fields of Interest
- Ancient Egyptian Art History and Iconography
- Funerary Archaeology
- Ancient Egypt in Modern Contexts
- Museum Studies
- Heritage Management/ Restitution of Cultural Property
- Egyptian Arabic
- Arabic (Egyptian Dialect)
- French, German (Reading Knowledge)