MA, Egyptology, The American University in Cairo
BA, Cultural Anthropology, Honors and Distinction in the Major, University of California Santa Barbara
- Forthcoming: “‘Inlaid with All Precious Stones’: the Provenance and Function of a Group of Coffin Inlays from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.”
- Forthcoming: A. Veldmeijer, S. Ikram, N. Brown “Tutankhamun’s Sticks and Staves,” In T. Tewfik (ed.) Tutankhamun International Conference Publications. Cairo.
- In Press: “The Beautiful One Returns: the Altered Identities of the Nefertiti Bust.” In F. Haikal, M. Abdel-Nasser, Y. El-Shazly, E. D. Abdou and F. Keshk (eds.) Ancient Egypt in Egypt until the Beginning of the Twenty-first Century: Impact and Reception. Cairo: AUC Press.
- In Press. “Reconstructing Merenptah’s Missing Coffin: Some Thoughts on a Royal Coffin and Coffin Craft Industry in the Valley of the Kings.” In Peter Lacovara (ed.) Wonderful Things: Essays in Honor of C. Nicholas Reeves. Atlanta, GA: Lockwood Press.
- 2022: “Reevaluating Social Histories: the Use of Ancient Egypt in Contemporary Art.” In D. Candelora, N. Ben-Marzouk and K. Cooney (eds.) (Re)Building Ancient Egyptian Society. Challenging Assumptions, Exploring Approaches. New York, NY: Routledge.
- 2020: “Raise Me Up and Repel My Weariness! A Study of the Coffin of Thutmose III (CG 61014).” MDAIK 76.
- 2019: “Quarrying.” In L. Sabbahy (ed.) All Things Ancient Egypt: an Encyclopedia of the Ancient Egyptian World. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO Press. 437-440.
- 2019: “Sticks and Staves.” In L. Sabbahy (ed.) All Things Ancient Egypt: an Encyclopedia of the Ancient Egyptian World. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO Press. 500-502.
- 2017: “Traversing into the Afterlife: Identifying a Wooden Fragment from the South Tombs Cemetery.” Horizon: the Amarna Project and Amarna Trust Newsletter, Issue 18, Autumn 2017: 12-13.
- 2017: “Come My Staff, I Lean Upon You: The Use of Staves for the Divine Transformation of the Deceased in the Ancient Egypt.” JARCE 53: 189-201.
Honors & Awards
- 2022 Thames Valley Society for Ancient Egypt, Research Grant
- 2022 Best Student Paper, 2nd Place, ARCE 73rd Annual Meeting (Irvine, CA)
- 2021-2022 UCLA International Institute, Research Grant
- 2020-2021 Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Grant, UCLA
- 2019-2020 Graduate Research Mentorship (GRM), UCLA
- 2019 Excellence in Pedagogy and Innovative Classrooms Program (Mellon Foundation), UCLA
- 2019 Center for Near Eastern Studies Conference Grant, UCLA
- 2018-2022 Charlie Steinmetz Travel Fund, UCLA Cotsen Institute of Archaeology
- 2018-2019 Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Grant, UCLA
- 2018-2021 Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara, Research Grants
- 2018, 2019 Graduate Summer Research Mentorship (GSRM) Grant, UCLA
- 2016 Graduate Student Conference Grant, the American University in Cairo
- 2015 University Fellowship, the American University in Cairo (Received: 2013, 2014 & 2015)
- 2014 Zahi Hawass Fellowship for Archaeological Research
Fields of Interest
- Ancient Egyptian Art History and Iconography
- Funerary Archaeology
- Ancient Egypt in Modern Contexts
- Museum Studies
- Heritage Management/ Restitution of Cultural Property
- Egyptian Arabic
- Ancient: Egyptian (Middle and Late Phases and Hieratic Script)
- Modern: English, French (reading and some spoken), German (reading, with dictionary), Egyptian Arabic (reading, writing, and spoken)