PhD, Hebrew Bible, UCLA (2010)
MAR, Religious Studies, Yale University Divinity School (2004)
BA, Religion, Dartmouth College (1998)
- Hebrew Bible
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- Jewish Pseudepigrapha
- New Testament
- Rabbinic Literature
- Reading Sacredness into the Badly Behaving Bible. Forthcoming manuscript.
- Remembering Eden: The Reception History of Genesis 3:22-24 (New York: Oxford University Press, 2012)
- Why biblical scholars should study Aramaic bowl spells,” Aramaic Studies 13 (2015), 9-23.
- “Review: E. A. Robbins, The Storyteller and the Garden of Eden,” Biblica 95/4 (2014), 602-5.
- “Paradise in the Bible and the Pseudepigrapha,” in Early Christian Literature and Intertextuality, in T & T Clark’s Library of Second Temple Studies (LSTS) and Scripture in Early Judaism and Christianity (SSEJC), 2009.
- Three articles in the New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible, Katherine Doob Sakenfeld (ed), Volume 5: S-Z (Abingdon Press), 2009.
- “Antilanguage,” in the Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Literature (Leiden: Brill), 2010.
- Invited lecture for Dartmouth College Religion Department Colloquium “Wielding Words: Using the Bible for love, health, and hate.” May 2011. Submitted for publication.
- Invited lecture “Gideon in Judges 7-8” for the Waterman Institute at Dartmouth College April 26, 2011.
- Invited lecture for fall 2013 “the appearance and disappearance of the Rephaim from Jewish mythology” to be presented at the Society of Biblical Literature national convention in Baltimore, MD
- The Temple of Yahu at Elephantine Reconsidered, SBL Pacific Coast Conference 2006 Claremont, CA.
- The Use of the Hebrew Bible in Jewish Magical Texts, SBL National Conference 2006 Washington, DC.
- Paradise in the Pseudepigrapha, SBL National Conference 2007 San Diego, CA.
- Ezekiel in Eden: Recovering the Origins of Biblical Mythmaking, 2010 SBL conference in Atlanta, GA.
- Jerusalem the Holy City (Ancient Near East 10W)
- (Ancient Near East/Middle Eastern Studies/Religion M50B)
- Dead Sea Scrolls and Early Judaism (Jewish Studies 170)
- History of the End of the World (Religion 177)
- The Jewish Jesus (Middle Eastern Studies/Religion M178)