Conference Travel Reimbursement
NELC graduate students are eligible to receive $500.00 per academic year (July 1-June 30) for travel and lodging. Students submitting material after June 30 will not be reimbursed.
- NELC PhD student in good standing
- Normative Time-to-Degree
- 3.0 GPA
- Registered/enrolled 12 units
Expenses may include:
- Lodging (at a commercial venue; no stays at someone’s home)
- Meals will be reimbursed on an actual basis, subject to the prevailing campus limit (currently $62) for each full day on travel status. The Graduate Division requires receipts. Flat rate (per diem) reimbursement is not possible.
- Conference/Workshop registration and fees (which may include meals for participants)
Expenses may not include:
- Memberships (as opposed to registration) in the organization running conferences attended
- Computer or other electronics or equipment (e.g., MP3 player, camera)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Transcription services
- Dissertation editing
- Tuition and/or fees for credit-bearing courses
- Recreation/social events
- Incidentals during trip
- Supplies, materials & other costs associated with the research or professional development activity (e.g., software, printing and reproduction, flash drive, etc.)
- Payment to participants or research study subjects
- Review the list of required documentation for each expense type.
- Collate the receipts in the following order: Transportation receipts (Including airfare, rental car, mileage, taxi, shuttle, bus, etc.), Lodging receipts (Including number of occupants, daily charge, and payment method), Meal receipts (including the itemized receipts showing what was purchased – please tape these receipts to paper in order of date).
- Conference registration confirmation (Including payment method, conference invitation letter, conference program, name and title of presentation/paper)
- The following documents constitute “proof of payment”: Receipts showing payment method (For debit/credit card transactions, the receipt MUST show the last four digits of the card number and the cardholder’s name). Credit card or bank statements that show the cardholder’s name, last 4 digits of the card number, expense details, date, and amount (Address information, full account numbers, and unrelated charges may be blacked out using a black marker)
- Submit your reimbursement packet (including all receipts and your completed Conference/Travel Reimbursement Request Form) to the Student Affairs Officer in Kaplan Hall 378. Please DO NOT staple your packet together!