Give Back Every donation matters.
- Honors BA from Brown University, Magna cum Laude
- MA from the University of Chicago
- Ancient immigration and acculturation strategies
- Political advertisement of identity
- Foreign rule in Egypt
- Egyptian and Levantine interaction in the East Delta
- Second Intermediate period chronology issues
- Identity negotiation in ancient Egypt
- Role of foreigners in technology transmission
- Second Intermediate Period
- Egypto-Levantine connections
- Cultural interaction
- Identity negotiation
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- 2020: The Eastern Delta as a Middle Ground for Hyksos Identity Negotiation. Mitteilungen des Deutschen Archäologischen Instituts Kairo 75. In press.
- 2018: Entangled in Orientalism: How the Hyksos Became a Race. Journal of Egyptian History 10 (2), pp. 45-72.
- 2017: Defining the Hyksos: A Reevaluation of the Title 1qA 2Aswt and its Implications for Hyksos Identity. Journal of the American Research Council in Egypt 53, pp. 203-221.
Peer-Reviewed Volume Contributions
- 2020: The Egyptianization of Egypt and Egyptology: Exploring Identity in Ancient Egypt, in K. Cooney, D. Candelora, and N. Ben-Marzouk (eds.), (Re)constructing Ancient Egyptian Society: Challenging Assumptions, Exploring Approaches. Routledge, Oxfordshire, forthcoming.
- 2020: Duality or Plurality? (Re)establishing the Borders of Kemet through Regional Social Identities, in K. Cooney, D. Candelora, and N. Ben-Marzouk (eds.), (Re)constructing Ancient Egyptian Society: Challenging Assumptions, Exploring Approaches. Routledge, Oxfordshire, forthcoming.
- 2019: Trophy or Punishment: Reinterpreting the Tell el Dabʿa Hand Cache within Middle Bronze Age Legal Traditions, in M. Bietak and S. Prell (eds.), The Enigma of the Hyksos vol. I. Contributions to the Archaeology of Egypt, Nubia, and the Levant 9. Harrassowitz, Vienna, pp. 95-106.
- 2019: Hybrid Military Communities of Practice: The Integration of Immigrants as the Catalyst for Egyptian Social Transformation in the 2nd Millennium, in J. Mynářová, S. Alivernini, D. Bělohoubková, and M. Kilani (eds.), The Crossroads III – A Stranger in the House: Foreigners and Ancient Egyptian and Near Eastern Societies of the Bronze Age, Czech Institute of Egyptology, Prague.
- 2019: “Pharaoh’s Land and Beyond: A Review.” Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research 381:1, p. 257-9.