- Ph.D. Near Eastern Languages and Cultures, UCLA (in progress)
- M.A. Early Christian Studies, University of Notre Dame, 2015
- M.A. Historical Theology, Wheaton College, 2013
- B.A. Linguistics, summa cum laude, UCLA, 2011
- late antique & medieval literature, monastic education, asceticism, mysticism
- manuscript studies
- Western Armenian
- “‘Let us Mourn Continuously:’ John Chrysostom and the Early Christian Transformation of Mourning,” in Studia Patristica Vol LXXXIII, Papers presented at the Seventeenth International Conference on Patristic Studies held in Oxford 2015, Vol 9: Emotions, eds. M. Vinzent and Y. Papadogiannakis (Leuven: Peeters, 2017): 289-312
- “Armenian Manuscripts in the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana,” Manuscripta 62.1 (2018): 1-32.
- “The Debate over the Theory of Names in Origen’s Contra Celsum,” Journal of TAK 42 no. 2 (2018): 59-70.
- “Gišeroy kc‘urdk‘ (Hymns of the Night): Seven Madrāše of Ephrem the Syrian Preserved in Armenian,” forthcoming in Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies 21 no. 2 (2018): 267–318.
- “‘Ո՞ւր են բանալիներդ’ An Innovative Method for Teaching Western Armenian in Diaspora,” in Transmitting Western Armenian to the Next Generation, eds. Bedross Der Matossian and Barlow Der Mugrdechian, Armenian Series (Fresno, CA: California State University Press, forthcoming): 37-58.
- “Texts for Keeping Watch: The ‘Hymns of the Night’ of Ephrem of Nisibis and the Book of Lamentation of Gregory of Narek” Viator: Medieval and Renaissance Studies 49 no. 2 (2018), forthcoming.
- “Psalms” in Discovering the Septuagint: A Guided Reader, ed. Karen H. Jobes, Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2016, pp. 175-197, 200-203.
Honors & Awards
- Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund Fellowship, 2018–2019
- Best Graduate Paper Award for 2017, Society for Armenian Studies
- Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need Fellowship for Middle East North Africa Studies, U.S. Department of Education, 2016–2017
- Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award, Kaneb Center for Teaching and Learning at the University of Notre Dame, 2015
- Kenneth S. Kantzer Award in Christian History and Theology, Wheaton College, 2013
- Latin 1, UCLA, Fall 2018 (teaching assistant)
- Beginning Latin I-II, University of Notre Dame, Fall 2014–Spring 2015
- The History of Ancient Rome, University of Notre Dame, Fall 2013 (teaching assistant)
- Roman Criminal Law, University of Notre Dame, Spring 2014 (teaching assistant)
Selected Talks and Conference Presentations
- “Mourning with Tears in Armenian Christianity from the Fifth to Tenth Centuries,” Annual Meeting of the North American Patristics Society, Chicago, Illinois, May 24–26, 2018
- “Gregory of Narek, Symeon the New Theologian, and the Inward Turn in Ascetic Experience,” Armenia & Byzantium without Borders: Mobility, Interactions, Responses, University of Vienna, April 20–22, 2018
- “In Creation of Readerly Taste: Paratextuality in the ‘Publishing Mission’ of Mkhit‘ar of Sebastia,” at “Confessionalization and Reform: The Mkhitarist Enterprise from Constantinople to Venice, Trieste and Vienna: A Conference in memory of Sahak Djemjemian and on the Occasion of the 300thAnniversary of the Establishment of the Congregation in Venice,” University of California, Los Angeles, December 16–17, 2017
- “‘Ո՞ւր են բանալիներդ’ An Innovative Method for Teaching Western Armenian in Diaspora,” Society for Armenian Studies Annual Meeting: “Transmitting Western Armenian to the Next Generation,” Washington D.C., November 18, 2017
- “Keeping Vigil in Differing Near Eastern Texts and Contexts: Ephrem the Syrian’s ‘Hymns of the Night’ and Gregory of Narek’s Book of Lamentation,” Emerging Scholars Conference, Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, October 27, 2017
- “‘Hymns of the Night’: Seven Madrāšê of Ephrem the Syrian Preserved in Armenian,” (Session: “Ad fontes armeniacos”) at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the North American Patristics Society at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago, Illinois, May 25–27, 2017
- “What Then of the Letter of Macarius of Jerusalem to the Armenians?”, paper presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the North American Patristics Society in Chicago, Illinois, May 26–28, 2016
- “Armenian Manuscripts at the Vatican Library: Respectus, Conspectus, Prospectus,” invited paper presented at “The Promise of the Vatican Library:” An international academic conference highlighting the holdings of the Vatican Library and opportunities for future research, at the University of Notre Dame, May 8–10, 2016