Give Back Every donation matters.
PhD, Middle East Studies-History, University of Utah (2007)
MA, Iranian Studies, University of Utah (1981)
BS, Economics and Political Science, National University of Iran (1974)
- Proficiency in Persian
- Persian Language Resources, 2005
- Persian Handwriting
- Persian Language Resources, 2010
- Applied Persian Grammar. Co-author: Mehdi Marashi. San Mateo: Persian Language Resources, forthcoming 2015.
- Dialogues in Persian on DVD. Textbook and DVD. Co-author: Mehdi Marashi.San Mateo: Persian Language Resources, 2012.
- Persian Flashcards on DVD. Digital Persian Project (UCLA), 2010.
- Persian Flashcards. Co-author: Mehdi Marashi. San Mateo: Persian Language Resources, 2000.
Articles, Essays and Book Chapters
- “Cycle of Neglect: Filial Relationship and Its Effects on Preparation for Kingship, as Illustrated by the Case of Mozaffar al-Din Mirza.” In Covering Zones: Persian Literary Tradition and the Writing of History, Festschrift in Honor of Dr. Amin Banani. Mazda Publishers, 2012.
- “Muzaffar al-Din Shah: a Portrait of a Qajar Ruler.” In Proceedings of the Third European Conference of Iranian Studies, Part 2, Mediaeval and Modern Persian Studies. ed. Charles Melville. Dr. Ludwig Reichert Verlag: Wiesbaden, 1999.
Honors & Awards
UCLA Distinguished Teaching Award, UCLA Academic Senate, 2011
UCLA Office of Instructional Development. Instructional Improvement Grant to the Iranian Studies Program, 2006-2009
Professional Development Award, UCLA Faculty Diversity, Professor Development Committee, 2006.
- Accelerated Elementary Persian (Iranian 20A, Iranian 20B, Iranian 20C)
- Intermediate Persian (Iranian 102A, Iranian 102B, Iranian 102C)