Give Back Every donation matters.
PhD, Iranian Studies with an emphasis on Judeo-Persian literature, UCLA (2004)
MA, Iranian Studies, UCLA (1999)
MA, English as a Second Language, Tehran University (1975)
BA, English, Tehran University (1965)
Articles, Essays and Book Chapters
- “In Memory of Professor Hossein Ziai, 1944-2011.” (Persian) Irannameh. A Persian Quarterly of Iranian Studies, no. 26: 3-4 (fall 2011).
- “The Identity of Iranian Jews.” (Persian) Iranshenassi. A Journal of Iranian Studies, New Series, vol. xxxiv, no. 2 (fall, 2011).
- “Zionism in Iran,” Amuzegar Chair Conference, UCLA, NELC, Spring 2011.(Work in Progress).
- Encyclopedia on Jews in the Islamic World, S.V. 1) “Kirmanshah,” 2) “Tehran,” 3) “Sāzmān-i Bānovān-i Yahudī-yi Irānī (Iranian Jewish Women’s Organization),” 4) “Fathnameh,” 2010; “Amonon Netzer,” 2012.
- Encyclopedia Iranica, SV. 1) “Habib Levy,” 2) “Morad Aryeh,” 2011.
- “Voluntary Religious Conversion of Iranian Jews in the Nineteenth Century.” Presented at Iranian Jewry: From Past to Present, November 1-3, 2008. International Conference Sponsored by, University of Maryland: Center for Jewish Studies, Center for Persian Studies; Library of Congress, Washington DC, The Hebraic Section and Near East Section. (Work in Process).
- “The Interaction of Iranian and Judaic Concepts: “Farreh and Providence,” in Iranshenassi, 15th year, vol. 1 (spring 2003).
- “Judeo-Persian, The Heritage of Iranian Jews,” in Iranshenassi, 14th year, vol. 1 (spring, 2002).
- “Iranian Jews and Their National Identity,” in Rahavard, vol. 72 (Fall 2005).
- Rachel Biale, Women and the Jewish Law, abridged and translated from English into Persian by Nahid Pirnazar (Oberman), in Padyavand vols. 2 and 3, edited by Amnon Netzer. Costa Mesa: Mazda Publishers, 1996 and 1998.
- Jon Berquist, Judaism in Persia’s Shadow, abridged and translated from English into Persian by Nahid Pirnazar (Oberman), in Padyavand vol. 3, edited by Amnon Netzer, Costa Mesa: Mazda Publishers, 2000.
- Introduction to Judeo-Persian: Literature and Culture (Iranian 131)
- Introduction to History and Culture of Iranian Jews (Jewish Studies 177/ Iranian Studies 187/History 111C)