CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF WOMEN
Fall 2016 & Spring 2017
Funded through donations from friends and supporters of the Center for the Study of Women, travel grants assist UCLA graduate and undergraduate students with travel expenses related to academic or professional conference presentations and field research on women, gender, and sexuality.
Maximum award is $400. Funds are awarded in the fall and spring quarters. Multiple awards are given each cycle.
Fall 2016: Monday, November 21, 2016
Spring 2017: April 24, 2017
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of merit.
- Awardees must be registered UCLA students and preferably a woman. Awardees must also be registered during the quarter when travel occurs and when the reimbursement is processed. For summer, students must be enrolled in the preceding spring quarter and subsequent fall or winter quarters.
- Travel must be for research or a conference pertaining to women, gender, and sexuality.
- For conference travel, awardee must provide evidence that the paper was delivered at a conference.
- CSW reimburses the awardee only after receiving original (hardcopy) receipts for eligible travel expenses.
- Travel for the fall grant must occur on or between July 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
- Travel for the spring grant must occur on or between January 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017.
- Awardees will be honored at the CSW Awards Reception at UCLA in May/June 2017. Attendance is highly encouraged.
Students who are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Find detailed information on the Dream Act at www.financialaid.ucla.edu.
- Applicants receiving financial aid are advised to consult with the Financial Aid Office about the potential effect of this award on their financial aid package.
The application requires the documents listed below:
- Abstract of research project or conference paper (maximum 2 single-spaced pages)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Unofficial UCLA Transcripts
- One Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the research for which you are applying
Letter of Recommendation
The letter of recommendation should be uploaded via Submittable. Applicants will list the reference’s email address in the form and an email will be sent (once the application is submitted) via Submittable to the recommender with instructions on uploading.
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including letter of recommendation, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on the respective deadline.
Kristina (Magpayo) Nyden
Management Services Officer
UCLA Center for the Study of Women