- The centerpiece of the program is an intensive 8 week summer course through UCLA, Ancient Near East 122
- The program will run from Tuesday, June 21, 2022 through August 12th, 2022 with some days for travel on June 19th/20th and August 13th/14th
- Additional workshops on graduate school preparation and applications will be provided
- The program will culminate with a research paper on a topic of your choosing
- You’ll have the opportunity to share your research with your peers, faculty, and students at UCLA and the larger academic community
Participants will receive:
- A $4000 stipend
- 12 quarter credits on a UCLA transcript
- Transportation from to and from your home to Los Angeles
- Housing and meals in UCLA’s student housing
- Trips around Los Angeles including admission to museums or special events
- Continued mentoring upon the conclusion of the program, including help with graduate school applications, conference submissions, and further research
All participants in this program will be included in the UCLA SPUR (Summer Programs for Undergraduate Research) network, which hosts around 400 student interns per summer and provides administrative and logistical support for securing housing. Student housing will be located in Westwood Chateau Apartments, one block off campus in Westwood, California. In addition, SPUR will provide workshops for students to participate in and to socialize with students outside of our program.
Activities include Welcome Dinner, BBQ Night, UCLA Scavenger Hunt, and SPUR workshops on topics ranging from graduate school preparation to research inquiry.